Sunday, January 10, 2010

Butter Tarts

Five days, and I'm still at it! Yay me!

I've worked a large percent of the holiday season and I'm beat. I don't at all feel like blogging, and I don't think anybody would really notice at this point if I didn't. I need sleep. I'm not giving up that easy though. Remember the pie dough we made yesterday? A single batch of that should fill a dozen medium tart tins....

Butter Tarts

Ingredients:
  • ¼ cup butter
  • ½ cup lightly packed brown sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  • ½ cup corn syrup
  • 1 tbsp vanilla
Method:
  1. Cream butter and sugar together
  2. Add eggs an mix until incorporated fully
  3. Add remaining ingredients and mix well
  4. Fill unbaked tart shells a little more than half full
  5. For the mundane, add a few raisins or pecans to each tart. For the adventurous, add dark chocolate chunks, craisins, or goji berrys.
  6. Bake @ 350° F for about 25 minutes
I have made literally thousands of these. They're good. I'll perhaps expand on this after school tomorrow. Then we'll do a yeast recipe. Gluten Nacht!

No comments:

Post a Comment