Friday, January 8, 2010

Lemon Blackberry Muffins

I actually made these muffins three days ago, making up the recipe on the fly as I oft do for these sorts of things. That said, they were really, really yummy.

Really though, I'm just posting this recipe now for the purpose of squeezing in some more info about this blog... recent changes, updates to mandate, and so on and so forth.

Firstively, every post henceforth shall contain a recipe of some sort. Eventually I'll get around to indexing all these recipes in some sort of searchable database. Now, won't that be nice?

Secondively, my first post on this blog makes little to no sense now, as I've changed the title of the blog from "flour" (what was I thinking?) to "Anyone can Bake", which is sort of a play on Guesteau's book "Anyone can Cook" from the movie Ratatouille; A movie I'm guaranteed to watch at least 4 times a week due to my two year old's affection for the film. In all honesty, despite it being Disney I have affection for the movie too.

Thirdively, here's that muffin recipe I spoke of earlier:

Canadian Mark's Lemon Blackberry Muffins

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups cake flour
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • ½ cup all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup melted butter
  • 4 free run eggs
  • ½ cup fresh lemon juice
  • 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
  • 1 pint blackberries
Method:
Standard muffin method.
  1. blend dry ingredients together
  2. mix wet ingredients together
  3. combine wet with dry, add blackberries, and mix until just incorporated
  4. fill lined or greased muffin cups level with top
  5. bake immediately @ 350° F until done (about 20 - 25 minutes)
This should make about 12 medium sized muffins, or one 8 inch round coffee cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment